What happens if I am injured at work?

If you are treated or transported by ambulance as the result of an incident at work, you cannot claim the cost of ambulance treatment or transport under your AV membership in the first instance.

You are required to submit a claim through Workcover to cover the cost of the invoice/s. If your claim is rejected by Workcover, you can then claim the cost of the invoice through your AV membership. Proof of the claim refusal is required.

To do this, go to the AV website and complete the online form. You will be able to provide your membership number on this form.

If you prefer to speak with someone, please contact the Accounts Receivable Department on 1800 990 029.

Back To FAQs
Back To FAQ Search

Was this answer helpful?