What happens if I am transported as a result of a car accident?

If you are treated or transported by ambulance after a car accident, you cannot claim the cost of the ambulance treatment or transport under your AV membership in the first instance.

You must lodge a claim via the Transport Accident Commission (TAC) prior to claiming the cost of the invoice under your AV membership. If your claim is rejected by the TAC, you can then claim the cost of the invoice through your AV membership. Proof of the claim refusal is required.

To do this, go to the AV website and complete the online form. You can provide your membership number using this form.

If you prefer to speak with someone, please contact the Accounts Receivable Department on 1800 990 029.

Back To FAQs
Back To FAQ Search

Was this answer helpful?