What you need to know
- Benefits commence at 5pm the day after we receive your membership fee.
- There is a 14 day qualifying period for all new/reinstated members who require non-emergency transport or emergency transport due to a pre-existing condition.
- Membership does not mean you will receive special treatment if you need an ambulance.
- Membership does not mean you will automatically be sent an ambulance when you call Triple Zero (000).
- You can cancel your membership anytime.
- If you ask for a refund there is an administration fee.
- If you have Private Health Insurance you will need to check how much ambulance cover is provided if any.
- Pensioner Concession and Health Care cardholders may be entitled to free ambulance cover under certain circumstances. Go to health.vic.gov.au to find out more.
- The AV Membership Business Rules outline the full terms and conditions of cover.